NUIT: METAPHYSICS (Being) and regarding the ontology of metaphysics. Monism; everything is One, and there being no metaphysical difference in any one thing or another results in None.
Ontologically, matter and motion/spirit are divided as complements to one another.
Nuit (the anthropomorphic manifestation of Being/matter)’s commentary on epistemology states that there is a limitation to what we can know about her (objective truth) just by nature of being individual “stars” (subjective truth). This can be overcome “in the clear light” of Ain Soph Aur through Kether, shining down the Tree, given one has surpassed the ordeals. These ordeals will appear differently to different “stars” and so will the “systems” utilized to overcome these ordeals, including choosing either the “serpent” or the “dove” (which are just two different forms of Love; specifically the Will to Die vs. the Will to Live).
Each “star” is to mold his pragmatism/ways and means in alignment with True Will while keeping in mind the metaphysics and ontology of the world, and not confusing these different fields.
The (objective) truth, as she states, includes “every number” being infinite, “all words” sacred and “all prophets” true.
4. Every number is infinite; there is no difference.
22. …Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing…
Comments on EPISTEMOLOGY and PRAGMATISM:
50. There is a word to say about the Hierophantic tast. Behold! there are three ordeals in one, and it may be given in three ways. The gross must pass through fire; let the fine be tried in intellect, and the lofty chosen ones in the highest. Thus ye have star & star, system & system; let not one know well the other!
56. …All words are sacred and all prophets true; save only that they understand a little; solve the first half of the equation, leave the second unattacked. But thou hast all in the clear light, and some, though, not all, in the dark.
57. …There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! …
HADIT: EPISTEMOLOGY (Knowledge) and ETHICS (Delight): Hadit, being the anthropomorphic manifestation of motion/spirit/knowing/etc., backs up Nuit’s point that the nature of individual “stars” usually prohibits them to know and understand the nature of the world/themselves fully. There is always “a factor infinite & unknown.” His advice is to avoid placing too much faith in Reason and to explore all things (as Nuit is All Things, and Hadit is the Will/Motion to explore) without guilt, fear, and modesty, (essentially, the philosophy of ethics) while also maintaining the appearance of subtlety and refinement (replacing ethics with aesthetics).
27-31. There is great danger in me; for who doth not understand these runes shall make a great miss. He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of Reason. Now a curse upon Because and his kin! May Because be accursed for ever! If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought. If Power asks why, then is Power weakness.
32. Also reason is a lie; for there is a factor infinite & unknown; & all their words skew-wise.
33. Enough of Because! Be he damned for a dog!
44. Aye! feast! rejoice! there is no dread hereafter. There is the dissolution, and eternal ecstasy in the kisses of Nu.
48. Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not: I hate the consoled & the consoler.
52. There is a veil: that veil is black. It is the veil of the modest woman; it is the veil of sorrow, & the pall of death: this is none of me. Tear down that lying sceptre of the centuries: veil not your vices in virtuous words: these vices are my service; ye do well, & I will reward you here and hereafter.
70. …refine thy rapture! If thou drink, drink by the eight and ninety rules of art: if thou love, exceed by delicacy; and if thou do aught joyous, let there be subtlety therein!
71. But exceed! exceed!